Friday, August 19, 2016

SOLDbyNat.com in Lawrenceville, GA - Light Home Staging, To Do or Not To Do?

 Another home SOLD and another client can move on to the next chapter in his life. He will be downsizing and moving closer to work and family. 

For this house, I did light Home Staging. Why? For the following reasons:
  1. I have a small inventory that I make available to my sellers as a part of my marketing package.  No additional cost to my sellers. FYI - For larger projects, I bring in a designer.
  2. The list/market price, nor the DOM (days on market) for homes in the area, justified paying $1,000 a month, for a minimum of 3 months.
  3. I knew the house would sell even if I did nothing; however, I knew warming up the home would make for better pictures, attract more buyers, make buyers feel welcomed, and ultimately lead to a higher sales price. 
Take a look below and you decide. The before pics are on top or to the left. While, it's not a dramatic change, the after photos are warmer. Do you agree? 

*DISCLAIMER - I know full-time Home Stagers will argue that light home staging doesn't work, and to that I'll argue #2 in this case. In other cases, I totally agree! For example: when selling a luxury or higher priced home and in a buyer's market. Also, check out these where I talk about the costs and pros/cons of staging more...

Home Staging - To Stage or Not to Stage?






Looking to SELL your house? Call me for a complimentary Home Evaluation!
404-857-2508
www.SOLDbyNat.com 

What is Your GA Home Worth? - Find out Now! FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment